Monday, June 28, 2010

Hail From The North Lands!

Hey there internet! I’ve been up North since Thursday night, and man does time go by slowly, I feel like I’ve been here for weeks! It is probably because I’ve done so much these last five days. It took us all day to get here, almost 4 hours plus stopping and all that. I wasn’t settled till 7:00 and we left around 12:30/1:00. Friday I took a ride out to the park to see how long my commute would be (it’s like 45 min going ten over the speed limit, but the few cars that I see usually pass me going like 30 over). The road is long and full of trees hiding wildlife and there aren’t too many roads but I bet that makes getting lost so much worse since the roads are so long. Anyway, after that we went into Bancroft to scope it out, it takes half an hour to get there (everything is so spaced out around here) and when we get back I did legit yard work. I don’t have a yard, I have a grass patch at home. This is a 5acre property, mowing the lawn is an adventure. But we get stuff done, mowing and fixing up the porch space, and getting the burn pile going, and dinner all on top of babysitting two little cousins – so ya more yard work that I’ve ever had to do (to my Gramma – you always have your yard pristine, there’s never a whole lot to do at one time). So its always hard to fall asleep right away in a new place, but man! When dawn comes at like 5:30 it makes me want to cry a little, however I can get through it, now. Saturday was a great Garage sale day! We were in town for hours checking out the yard sales that toughed out the rain and running errands- very fun I got a few books and a copy of galactic civilisation for 5 bucks (!). Sunday I painted a name plate sign for the one day grave of a friend’s of my aunts (He has good ideas and has already picked out his “head stone” which is a pretty wrought iron sign and another stainless steel sign. It is a little grim but it made the guy happy and that’s what counts. Later we went out for a boat ride, in the drizzle and ran out of gas, then, the battery propeller started to die out so we ended up having to paddle! And when I say we I mean me and my cousin’s brother in-law, haha. It was a fun experience. And on to today! I was up at 6 (my new rising time, ugh) and had my first day of work at Algonquin Park. Not much to report there it was all orientation but I get my own desk! And, on my way to work there was the cutest baby raccoon crossing the road, I didn’t see it’s mother but it seemed alright. With that I sign off to sleep cus I have to be up at 6 again tomorrow 

Stay tuned! Updates ahead!
p.s I have a mobile internet stick, blogs are hopefully not too far behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment