Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year Internet!

Well it is the new year and I feel like I have hit it off pretty good! It is officially the third of January so my salutations are a bit late but too bad because I don't have a time machine! Now the time machine is for a whole other post and will no doubt come when I'm overwhelmed with work and not enough time to get it all done comfortably. Any How, I am proud to say that I have hit the year off playing video games! So far I have personally enjoyed RE5, Fable, and currently a little bit of Dragonage. I'd like to get in some Oblivion and RE4 but we will see how things roll tomorrow. The only 'bad' thing to report is the strange disappearance of my toothpaste. How does someone loose toothpaste? It is honestly like my toothpaste just up and left some time before I got up new years day. I can't explain it.

Now here is an interesting prospect I bet everyone is either wholeheartedly accepted or is still trying to suppress, school is back in Monday Morning. I for one am unsure of where I stand because I understand that the day after tomorrow is school...

hmm actually school technically starts tomorrow. Scratch that, I have obviously been suppressing the knowledge of the on coming date so... sad face. I would have really enjoyed a much longer break. I really haven't finished everything I wanted to get done but I'm no stranger to my over ambition. All that can be done is to overlap the beginning of classes and what is still on my to do list. Speaking of which the highlight of the next couple months for me are on coming and I have much to prepare. The goal was to finish preparing before the end of the break but I really did need this to be a break for me.

January the 24th is my graduation from the Barbizon School of Modeling. This summer I chose to take on an extracurricular activity with the Barbizon School of Modeling, realy the prospect of a job in media was very appealing to me so of course I went and stuck it out. Even if it turns out to be a scham I figure I'm only 19, I can afford to make mistakes early in life, I will have more time to make up for it. And if it does then HUZZAH! Anyhow I have some minor prep for the show like the last little bits I need in my makeup kit and what to wear and say, but most importantly is my "Model Magic Magazine" which besides the practicals, quiz and exam its the thing that we actually hand in for marks and if its not done we don't graduate. I'm not to worried I know I can get it done but I would love to have the best because there is a prize for the best magazine. What I've more or less got from it is how to be a girl properly well look like one at least, and be able to apply it when I choose. Very nice, so Barbizon was alot like a finishing school type deal thing. I had fun!

Then, more importantly, on February 10th is my third portfolio interview with the design program at york. I'm still mulling over what I want to show and how. I really wanted a web page I designed myself, however Deviant Art has a portfolio page or I can actually print everything out. I am super nervous but extremely determined. And even if I don't make it this time (not that I wont btw) I'll be back and even if I end up with my bachelor in visual art I'll get a second bachelor or just do my graduate studies in design. I plan on getting my masters anyway and I'm going to be a designer (professionally I mean), period.

Side Note: how freaky Univeristy will be over in the next two-three years. We don't get a choice we are growing up. 2009 was kind of a write off year for me and it went by fast so I think that speed of time scares be a bit (damned relativity!)

Wintereenmas is the last week of January and there are plans to do our best to celebrate it, and that makes me really happy because even a couple days out of the whole week will help fulfill one of my resolutions.

Speaking of resolutions my resolutions this year are as follows:
1. Get into the Design Program
2. Get to a better level of fitness
3. Play more video games (make up for last years fail)
4. Enjoy more Metal

I don't see any of those as too hard to achieve and they are good reasonably goals.

Finally the last thing I'm anticipating for the new year is turning twenty. I will be an official numerical adult. Its a little intimidating because I don't know what is expected and I can leave behind childhood but maybe not youth? Who knows? In fact looking at the year, 2010 I cant help but anticipate change. What the future may hold is something I would like to think about and discuss in a future post.

Well its late/early now I think its time to end this post, in the men time happy adventuring to all until I write again!

No comments:

Post a Comment